29 Jan RECIPE Pasta Carbonara
- 200g – Any long noodle (here we are using hand-made tagliatelle)
- 50g – Guanciale cut into lardons (rectangles)
- 50g – Pecorino Cheese
- 50g – Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 2 – Egg Yolks
- 1/4 cup – Pasta Cooking water
- To Taste – Black Pepper
- Bring Water to a rapid boil, salt the water generously.
- In a saute pan render and cook guanciale until most of the fat has rendered out and it is starting to become golden and crispy.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the pecorino cheese with the egg yolks.
- Cook pasta until it is al dente (cooked but still with a little bite).
- Add cooked pasta to pan with guanciale and hot rendered fat, toss the pasta with the guanciale and fat until it coats the pasta.
- Take the pan off the heat and quickly but gently add in your cheese and egg yolks, making sure to never put the pan back on the stove to avoid scrambling the eggs.
- Add black pepper to taste, and a little pasta water to help bind your sauce and make it your desired consistency.
- Plate pasta and grate parmigiano cheese over top.
- For presentation, you can make a small well and add an egg yolk to toss in at the table.