24 Feb RECIPE Garganelli with Prosciutto & Peas
- 1 tbsp – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove – Garlic
- 1/8 – Large White Onion
- 50g – Prosciutto, cut into lardons
- 25g – Pancetta, cut into lardons
- 1/4 cup – Heavy Cream
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup – Fresh Peas
- To taste – Salt and pepper
- Bring pot of salted water to boil.
- Chop together finely a couple cloves of garlic and an 1/8 of a white onion.
- Cut prosciutto and pancetta into lardons.
- Heat a saute pan on medium/high heat with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, add the prosciutto and pancetta and cook until almost crispy, add the garlic and onion and cook until translucent.
- Add a 1/4 cup of heavy cream, and a couple handfuls of peas.
- Add the pasta to the pan when it has finished cooking. Grate in some parmigiano reggiano and add some pasta water to help bind the sauce to the noodle.
- Season and enjoy!