- Fresh Long Shape Pasta
- Stirling Creamery Unsalted Butter
- Black Peppercorn
- Grated Pecorino Padano Blend
- Cook pasta until it is almost done, you will finish cooking it in the butter. Reserve pasta water.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add cracked pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add pasta and some reserved pasta water to skillet. Let water reduce until it just coats the pasta, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle on cheese, tossing with tongs to coat pasta and melt cheese.
- Add more pasta water then cheese, as in steps 3 and 4, if needed.
- Add more butter and toss with more cheese until you have perfectly al dente pasta coated with sauce. Add more cracked pepper, to taste.
*Recipe is our version of the Cacio e Pepe recipe found in Christine Flynn and Emma Knight's "How to Eat With One Hand." This cookbook for new and expectant parents makes the perfect gift, find it here.